Leave the Car at Home
There are lots of reasons to visit Wheeldon Trees without your car… There are so many fabulous walks in and around Wheeldon Trees Farm and there are special offers for guests who visit us without a car !
Walks from the door in all directions from Wheeldon Trees Farm, just step out of your cottage and explore…
We’ve created a range of self-guided walks – available on laminated sheets in all of the cottages – from 30 minutes to 2 hours long…
* The Low Road to Earl Sterndale
* Up High Wheeldon
* Across The Upper Dove Valley to Longnor
* The High Peak Trail and The Royal Oak
* The High Road to Earl Sterndale
* Crowdecote Circular
* Parkhouse and Chrome Hills
* 45 Minute Circuit from the Door
* High Needham Circular
Off you go !
We also have an extensive selection of Peak District maps and walking guides for you to use during your stay.
If you’re looking for something a bit different, why not take a walk with a difference?
Local guides Sally Mosley and Cath Lee leads a variety of different walks around the Peak District, each with a special theme…..
Cath’s website will give you all the information you need…..
Wondering how to get here without a car ? Plan your trip to Wheeldon Trees by public transport…
And when you’re here, as well as :
• 5% discount on our prices for arriving by public transport
• A complimentary Derbyshire Breakfast Basket on arrival
• A freezer full of home-made dishes and desserts
• A larder full of essentials including bread, pasta, sauces, milk, tinned vegetables etc.
• A great selection of walks from the door
• Complimentary use of our electric bikes
• A full refund for bus travel on the 442 which passes our door on its way to Buxton in one direction and Ashbourne in the other…
Leave your worries (and your car !) behind